When a parking lot has suffered serious damage like cracks or deterioration over a lot of the surface, business owners and property managers may be worried about what to do. Complete parking lot repaving can seem very expensive and time consuming, but there’s a cost effective alternative: asphalt resurfacing!
Damaged Asphalt: Resurface or Replace?
Only a pavement inspection from a trusted local paving company like Statewide Parking Lot Service Inc can determine which types of asphalt repair services will best work for your parking lot. However, there are a few rules of thumb for choosing between asphalt resurfacing and asphalt replacement.
This repair process involves grinding down or removing the top layers of asphalt with milling, performing any necessary grading or base layer repairs, and then pouring new asphalt. This creates a brand new asphalt surface. At this point, it’s advisable to get a sealcoating to protect the new surface.
Resurfacing is possible when…
- The asphalt is less than 15-20 years old
- Less than 30% of the total pavement surface needs to be repaired
- The stone sub-base layer is structurally sound
- Any asphalt cracks are less than a quarter inch wide and less than a couple inches deep
When pavement is too far gone to handle asphalt milling and resurfacing, it needs total repaving, sometimes called full-depth asphalt replacement. This involved demolishing all asphalt layers, removing them, and installing new asphalt layers from the ground up.
You need replacement if…
- More than 25-30% of the parking lot or asphalt surface is damaged
- The gravel base layer is unstable or damaged
- Asphalt pavement is older than 20 years
- Pavement has had several rounds of repairs in different areas
- Cracks are more than a quarter inch wide and several inches deep
Statewide Parking Lot Service: Seattle WA’s Trusted Company for Asphalt Resurfacing Services
With over thirty years experience in paving services in Oregon and Washington, Statewide is the most reputable paving company in the area. We’ll work with you to determine the most cost-effective asphalt repair services for your situation, use only the most technologically advanced equipment, and communicate effectively throughout the paving project.
Need parking lot or commercial asphalt resurfacing? Statewide Parking Lot Service Inc, Seattle WA’s trusted paving company, is here for you! Contact us today for a pavement inspection and consultation about asphalt repair services!